Ten informative meetings are held each year at the Toronto Botanical Garden (formerly the Civic Garden Centre) at 777 Lawrence Avenue East, at Leslie Street, in Metropolitan Toronto (see map).
Unless otherwise specified, meetings are on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm. and are held in one of the upper-level Studios. You are welcome to attend one of these meetings as a visitor without any charge.
Online webinar during COVID-19!
- 19 January 2021:
Annual General Meeting, followed by . . .Photo Competition Slideshow – a presentation of the photos entered into 2020's photographic competition.
- 16 February 2021 7:30pm(Zoom conference):Soil mixes and fertilizers
- 16 March 2021 7:30pm (Zoom conference):
Sclerocactus: hard, cruel cactus
by Vlad Andrenkov
- 20 April 2021 (Zoom conference) :
Growing and propagating of Haworthia
by Hanny Hossny
- 18 May 2021(Zoom conference):
By Adam DawidczykLophophora History, Use, Cultural Significance
- 15 June 2021 (Zoom conference) :
Lophophora Habitat, Growth and Care
By Adam Dawidczyk
- 20 July 2021 (Zoom conference) :
5 years of seed raising: the shotgun approach
By Jack Lin
No meetings held in August
- 22 August 2021
Plants Sale at TBG
- 21 September 2021 7:30pm (Zoom conference or TBA) :
- Growing Caudiciforms and Pachycaul Plants in Toronto. The Doe's and the Dont's.
- 19 October 2021 7:30pm (Zoom conference or TBA) :
- Mesembs Show (depends on Covid-19 situation)
- Growing Hoyas.
- 16 November 2021 7:30pm(Zoom conference or TBA) :
Growing Caudiciforms and Pachycaul Plants in Toronto
No meetings held in December
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE TOPICS, EACH MEETING ALSO INCLUDES:
A naming or show-and-tell segment
An opportunity to browse at and loan the Club's library books
An informal chat and snack break
A 50-50 raffle
Plants and seeds for sale and/or give-away