WHAT DOES THE CLUB OFFER?
- Nine informative meetings are held each year at the Toronto Botanical Garden (formerly the Civic Garden Centre) at 777 Lawrence Avenue East, at Leslie Street, in Toronto. These are scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm. You are welcome to attend one of these meetings as a visitor to see if you would like to join our group. Membership forms are available and can be filled out at the meeting if you wish, or you may download a membership form and mail it to the treasurer's address. Online regisration is also available.
- The Club's annual Plant Show & Sale is held the first weekend in June at Toronto Botanical Gardens as well as August Plants Sale. These events have free admission and are wheelchair accessible.
- The Club has a lending library of books and journals about these fascinating plants. Books are picked up and returned at the club meetings.
- Nine newsletters (Cactus Factus) are published each year. Each contains 6 to 8 pages of news of upcoming events, reports of the meetings and plant talk. There is also a full-colour electronic version of this newsletter for those with e-mail access.
- A selection of free cactus and other succulent seeds are available to members.
Other activities include:
- Summer picnics.
- Annual Mesembs Show in October.
- Naming of your unnamed plants — well, we'll try!
- Show & Tell — show off your special plants.
- Sales Tables — plants, seeds, cultivation materials, etc.
- Visit to other members' collections.
- On-request naming/cultivation session at your home.
- Separate study groups for specific interests.
The Club currently has about 80 members. Membership rates are $25.00 for a single membership or $26.00 for a family (for a 12-month period from date of joining)
Events & News:
June 5, 2022