- Nine informative meetings are held each year at the Toronto Botanical Garden (formerly the Civic Garden Centre) at 777 Lawrence Avenue East, at Leslie Street, in Toronto. These are scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm. You are welcome to attend one of these meetings as a visitor to see if you would like to join our group. Membership forms are available and can be filled out at the meeting if you wish, or you may download a membership form and mail it to the treasurer's address. Online regisration is also available.
- The Club's annual Plant Show & Sale is held the first weekend in June at Allan Gardens Conservatory, in their Learning Centre greenhouses (main entrance off Carlton Street, east of Jarvis.) This event has free admission and is wheelchair accessible.
- The Club has a lending library of books and journals about these fascinating plants. Books are picked up and returned at the club meetings.
- Nine newsletters (Cactus Factus) are published each year. Each contains 6 to 8 pages of news of upcoming events, reports of the meetings and plant talk. There is also a full-colour electronic version of this newsletter for those with e-mail access.
- A selection of free cactus and other succulent seeds are available to members.
- Summer picnics.
- Annual Mesembs Show in October.
- Naming of your unnamed plants — well, we'll try!
- Show & Tell — show off your special plants.
- Sales Tables — plants, seeds, cultivation materials, etc.
- Visit to other members' collections.
- On-request naming/cultivation session at your home.
- Separate study groups for specific interests.
Mar 17 - monthly meeting at TBG - 7:30PM
Apr 21 - monthly meeting at TBG - 7:30PM
May 3 - Show & Talk - 1:00PM
May 19 - monthly meeting - 7:30PM
- Ten best Mammillaria
- Chemistry lesson: Fertilizers, Fungicides, Pesticides etc..
June 16 - monthly meeting Online - 7:30PM
- Grafting succulents. Theory and practice..
- Exotic varieties or unusual plants
meeting Online - 7:30PM
- Show & Sale results review. Best plants.
- Pruning of succulents; Repotting plants; Starting / rooting of cuttings
Many books and periodicals are available to club members.
Nine informative meetings each year, held at the Toronto Botanical Garden (formerly the Civic Garden Centre) at 777 Lawrence Avenue East, at Leslie Street, in Metropolitan Toronto
You are welcome to attend one of our monthly meetings as a visitor to see if you would like to join our group.
Membership forms are available and can be filled out at a meeting, if you wish, or you may download/print a membership form and mail it with payment to the treasurer's address.
The Toronto Cactus & Succulent Club's Annual Show & Sale is held on the first weekend in June at Allan Gardens Conservatory, in the Learning Centre greenhouses, the main entrance is on the south side of Carlton Street (east of Jarvis), across from 130 Carlton Street.
The Toronto Cactus & Succulent Club has held an annual photographic competition since the 1980s but because these were before the digital era no copies of the print and slide entries is available. Later on some digital classes were incorporated. In 2015 the photographic competition was limited to only digital entries.
Nine newsletters per year containing upcoming events, club news, growing information and other articles, and your free "Wanted" or "For Sale" classifieds.
One or two summer picnics may be held at members' homes. Dates, times, locations and driving instructions will be announced in the club's newsletter